Losing Weight: Motivation & Dedication

Motivation & Dedication

Throughout my site, i have explained many things. Exercises, routines and splits, diet and nutrition, and so on. But the one thing i can't do for you is make you do it, and keep doing it. This is the only section of the site where i can't help you. Theres no tips or secrets or anything. YOU HAVE TO HELP YOURSELF! I am currently so into this stuff right now that i can't see a time where i will ever stop going to the gym. Why? I'll tell you why....

Because i like looking and feeling good and knowing that each time i step into the gym, i will come out looking better and feeling better then when i first walked in. That right there is my motivation. Having friends and family i haven't seen in a while say to me "Holy shit, you got big man!" is my motivation. Knowing i can bench more then everyone i know is my motivation. Watching other people become totally out of breath after playing basketball while im breathing fine is my motivation. Knowing that you are reading this and that you will try to look better then me is my motivation.

I can go on and on with reasons. But that won't matter unless you can motivate you. Find your own reasons and every time you think for a second, even for a second, about qutting, remind yourself of those reasons.

Theres a long running inside joke that me and a few friends of mine at the gym have. A group of people we like to call "the new years crew."The new years crew has new members every year. Theres a new years crew in every gym. So, who are the new years crew? Well, every new years what do you do? Besides getting drunk and counting from 10 - 1? You make a new years resolution. I haven't taken any polls lately, but im sure most of those resolutions is to get in shape. Whether its to loss weight, gain weight, add muscle, whatever, thats probably what most people say. And most of these people form the elite group know as "the new years crew." The new years crew will join your gym, workout for a few weeks, and you will never see them again. And every new years, you will see another new years crew, and in a few weeks, they will be gone. Why? Because there is a lack of motivation and dedication. And no, there is no motivation supplement or dedication powder. So whether you end up working out from now until forever, or you become a member of the new years crew... thats all up to you.

No comments: